Air Conditioning Maintenance
Few things are more annoying than the AC malfunctioning or breaking down when you have guests or when outside temperatures are uncomfortably warm. Scheduling regular AC maintenance is one way to minimize the risk of this happening and prepare the AC for cooling-intensive seasons. Hoveln Heating & Cooling, Inc.’s Planned Maintenance Agreements ensure we will inspect your unit twice a year to keep it performing at optimum efficiency. To learn more about our HVAC repair and maintenance service, call Hoveln Heating & Cooling, Inc. today!
Why AC Maintenance Is Important
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an essential preventive measure. It allows technicians to spot potential issues before they escalate and cause a chain reaction within the system and/or before they increase the utility bill. Keeping the system operating at maximum efficiency saves energy and money. It’s also a way for homeowners to receive an AC repair on a chosen date instead of an emergency response. The need to fix issues of tear and wear is normal and expected in homes that leave the unit running around the clock for several months. Our NATE-certified technicians have the knowledge, tools and techniques necessary to provide quality air conditioning service in your home.
Areas Checked During A Maintenance Call
A home’s air conditioner is a complex system. Our technicians comply with industry training and education requirements to provide quality HVAC repair during each call. Here are four of the areas we can check in your unit.
The thermostat is a common culprit of a malfunctioning air conditioner. Hoveln Heating & Cooling, Inc.’s technicians check all parts of the thermostat, including electrical connections and wires. A wire with a short can trigger a chain reaction of issues in the unit, starting with an incorrect temperature.
Evaporator & Condenser Coils
A buildup of dust or grime on the evaporator and condenser coils affects how effectively the air conditioner can cool your home. Keeping these components clean helps the unit operate in regular cycles instead of either short or long cycling.
Fans & Blowers
An air conditioner’s fans and blowers are responsible for moving the cooled air into the ductwork so it can reach the rest of the home. During an appointment for AC maintenance, our technicians clean and adjust the fans and blowers for proper airflow.
If the vents, registers and ductwork are dirty or have leaks, Hoveln Heating & Cooling, Inc. can clean and repairs these issues during a maintenance call. Dirty ductwork prevents cool air from reaching all parts of a home, even if the AC unit is running at peak productivity.
Tips For Maintaining Your AC System
- Remember to check the air filter quarterly and change it if necessary. If the system has a 1-inch filter, we recommend changing it monthly to maximize the efficiency of the unit.
- Keep the area around the outdoor condenser clear of weeds and shrubs. To operate smoothly, the outdoor condenser must have good air circulation.
- Keep the condenser clear of grass clippings when mowing. They can stick to the coils and accumulate.
- Be mindful when using a trimmer around the outdoor unit so that the wiring or piping connecting it to the indoor unit is not damaged.
- Never build a box around the outdoor unit that would restrict airflow and access for technicians when the unit needs service.
- Have your system serviced semi annually, especially if your yard has a lot of cottonwood trees or flowering trees that could drop debris inside the unit.
- Consider purchasing an air conditioner cover from Hoveln Heating & Cooling, Inc. to protect the outdoor condenser.