AC Maintenance in Central Illinois
Maintenance is a very important part of what we do at Hoveln Heating & Cooling, Inc., and it is through our maintenance that you can help to ensure a prolonged life for your Air Conditioning system. We offer Planned Maintenance Agreements that ensure that your unit will be checked twice a year in order to keep it at its optimum efficiency. Give us a call to learn more about our service pricing and to enroll in our Planned Maintenance Program. Help get your cooling system gets the service and tune-ups it needs!
By keeping both the indoor coil and outdoor condenser clean your system will perform at its peak efficiency and save you money on your utility bills.
Tips for maintaining your A/C System
- Remember to check your air filter quarterly and change it if necessary. If your system has a 1-inch filter, we recommend it be changed monthly to attain the efficiency of the unit.
- Keep the area around your outdoor condenser clear of weeds and shrubs. To operate efficiently, the outdoor condenser must have good air circulation.
- Keep the condenser clear of grass and clippings when mowing. It can stick to the coils and accumulate.
- Be mindful when using a trimmer around the outdoor unit so that the wiring or piping connecting it to the indoor unit is not damaged.
- Never build a box around the outdoor unit that would restrict the air flow. When the unit needs serviced, it also allows for better access for our technicians.
- Have your system serviced semi-annually, especially if your yard has a lot of Cottonwood trees or flowering trees that would drop debris inside the unit.
- Consider purchasing an air conditioner cover from Hoveln to protect the outdoor condenser from the elements.